Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Tennessee Tea

My Uncle Ted gave Rob and I this HUGE bottle of Gin for the holidays. It was a "re-gift" of sorts, but who are we to turn down perfectly good Gin! We were looking for a Gin drink that we both would like when I came across this delicious tea recipe that we have used in the past. Why not add some Gin to it? I know you're all thinking I have lost my mind; "a cold iced tea in the winter". Well why not, Egg Nog isn't served warm. Ok, I will find a hot recipe for toddys another day.

Tennessee Tea

6 tea bags
1 quart boiling water
1 1/2 c. sugar
1 can (6 oz) frozen lemonade concentrate
1 can (6 oz) frozen limeade concentrate
cold water
lemon or lime slices for garnish

1. Place tea bags into 1 gallon container. Add boiling water and steep for 5 minutes.
2. Remove tea bags. Add sugar, lemonade, limeade and stir to dissolve.
3. Add cold water to make 1 gallon of tea. Mix well.
4. Add the amount of Gin you prefer (I am thinking about 8 oz. would be good)
5. Serve over ice with lemon or lime slices

No comments: