Monday, February 9, 2009

Chocolate Berry Trifle

I was looking for an easy easy dessert recipe for this week. I came across this yummy trifle. I think it's been awhile since I made it, but we loved it (since I put a huge heart in Sharpie marker on the recipe). I wish I had made it this morning. Mmmmm....

Chocolate Berry Trifle

3 c. cold milk
2 pkg. (4 serving size) Jell-o Chocolate flavored pudding
1 tub (8 oz) Cool Whip, thawed
1 - 9" square baked brownie, cooled and cut into 1" cubes
1 pint (2 c.) fresh raspberries

1. Pour milk into large bowl. Add pudding mixes. Beat with wire whisk for 2 minutes or until well blended and thick. Gently stir in 1 c. whipped topping.
2. Place 1/2 the brownie cubes in a 2 quart serving bowl (or trifle bowl if you have one). Top with 1/2 each of the pudding, raspberries and whipped topping. Repeat the layer again ending with Cool Whip.
3. Refrigerate 1 hour or until ready to serve. Makes 12 servings.
4. For an extra garnish, top with a few raspberries.

** this is also good made with cherry pie filling
*** you could also turn this into a "sundae trifle" 1st layer: brownie bits; vanilla pudding; pineapple topping; Cool Whip - 2nd layer: brownie bits; vanilla pudding; strawberry topping; Cool Whip and slices of banana on top. Mmmmmm ...

No comments: