Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Brushetta Chicken Bake

I am a recipe clipper. I have an entire box full of recipes, ideas, gardening tips ... all sorts of things. Just little bits of paper, some with photos, some without. If someone has given me a recipe, many times that is where the card goes until I use it again, choose it as a favorite and add it to my recipe binder. Sometimes I go through this box and remove recipes that I just didn't care for. This recipe is so very delicious. If you don't have an online membership to Kraft.com; you must get one. Their recipes are always easy to prepare, they use ingredients that are easy to find (and not expensive) and they are time friendly. The only piece of this recipe that I choose to change is I buy fire roasted diced tomatoes. Make this recipe soon with a nice salad and some crusty bread.

Bruschetta Chicken Bake Serves 6

1 can (14 1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained
1 package (6 oz) Stove Top Stuffing Mix for chicken
1/2 c. water
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
1 t. dried basil leaves
1 c. mozzarella cheese, shredded

1. Heat oven to 400 degrees. Mix tomatoes, stuffin mix, water and garlic just until stuffing is moistened.

2. Layer chicken, basil, cheese and stuffing in 13 x 9" or 3 quart baking dish.

3. Bake for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.

** This is another great recipe that you can freeze for later. Place ingredients into aluminum pan, freeze right away. Defrost in your frig. before baking **

No comments: