Friday, April 3, 2009

Peach Pie

It's not peach season, it's not that I saw peaches on sale this week, it's not even that I was craving peach pie. I have been doing spring cleaning which for me means EVERYTHING gets cleaned out. I admit I am a clutter bug when it comes to magazines. I save them and clip through them when I get a chance. Saving little bits of information as if I am going to make every single recipe I cut out or that we're going to vacation at each spot I keep or that my gardens will be overflowing with all the ideas I find. I made this pie a few times last summer and came across the recipe yesterday while filing stuff away. Here it is:

Peach Pie Makes 6 - 8 servings

1 egg white
1 unbaked pastry shell (9")
3/4 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 c. packed brown sugar
1/3 c. sugar
1/4 c. chilled butter, cut into 6 pieces
6 c. sliced peeled fresh peaches

1. Beat egg white until foamy; brush over the bottom and sides of the pastry shell.
2. In a small bowl, combine flour and sugars; cut in butter until mixtures resembles fine crumbs.
Sprinkle two-thirds of the mixture into the bottom of the pastry shell; top with peaches.
3. Sprinkle the remaining crumbs onto the peaches.
4. Bake at 375 degrees for 40 - 45 minutes or until filling is bubbly and peaches are tender.

No comments: